Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thinking about a post from a Facebook friends concerning "church hurt." There are many opinions concerning this matter but I've experienced it first hand. During a time when I now know as depression, not knowing what to do, I stopped going to church for a while. I then joined another church and the "hurt" came again. Finally "God, I need you to help me with this." I was hurting in so many other areas and being hurt by people in the church was that last thing I needed, especially when I came there for healing. What I've learned people and church buildings have their places but the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are the ultimate healers. I had put so much trust and faith in people before I learned how to call on God. 
My relationship with God became stronger. Some may not agree, but its what I needed to get where I needed to be. I was so tried of the brokenness in my life. I read my bible, prayed and just talked openly with God, I was able to hear Him without all the other stuff in my head. He began to send people into my life to help me. Those who had the same or similar hurts and brokenness. When people talk to me now and I mention that I hadn't been to church in a while, they don't know what to make of it. Sure, the church family I have now is wonderful, I love them very much, but we need to know God isn't confined to a building.


No comments:

Post a Comment