Thursday, October 18, 2012

The word of God tells us to not be unequally yoked, so why do some many of us singles struggle with this. I think it's because of the confusion and discontentment that usually sets in when you're my age and it hasn't happened yet. "Lord will I ever be married?" is a question I often ask myself. Yes I desire to be married and I feel that it's a part of my purpose.  During a discussion with fellow single Christians concerning this one stated that a young lady had asked if was wrong to marry a Muslim, he's a good person and treats her really well. I can understand why a Christian would have this question. When we so many divorces in the Christian community and not to mention the adultery and abuse at the hand of pastors against their wives. Many have married just because a they were both Christians while overlooking the nasty attitude, being poor with finances, unable to get along with anyone, but he/she attends church every Sunday and many days in between Although I believe  God ordained marriage, He does allow us to chose who we want to love and enter into covenant with. And no two people of different faiths will be able to live peaceably in the same house . So before making your choice, pray, fast, ask God to help you to see who this person really is, do they fit the journey that is before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment