Thursday, October 4, 2012

After going with what I've gone through and not being able to do a lot of the things I've longed to do, it really puzzles my how some people can have resources and opportunity to do a number of things and never do them. I've grown so tired of hearing people make excuses. One thing this experience has taught me is that many times you have to create an opportunity. August 2009 I could barely see my hand in front of my face, but after almost of being stationery, I had to do something. So one day I decided I wanted to do something I hadn't done in months, go to the library. None of my usual drivers were available so what's a girl to do. I got up. crossed the street, and walked to the bus stop. Because I had no depth perception and couldn't tell how far away a vehicle was from me, I should have been afraid. I wasn't at all. I stood at the corner, said a prayer, counted to three, and across the street I went. To some it may sound like a small feat, but to me it was as if I'd climbed Mount Everest. Although I still had many ups and downs for then to now, I count this as the beginning of the making of me. The courageous woman of God I've grown to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment